- Old unsupported systems that needed overhauling and updating
- Issues with scalability and future expansion
- Unsupported systems presented future security risks
Hallmark Hulme benefit from new IT and Security systems
- Industry: Legal
- Location: Worcester
- Employees: 30
Julian Powell Business Manager , Hallmark Hulme
EBC Group offered a comprehensive IT solution and took time to understand our business needs, both for now and the future. In addition, the installation and support process has been excellent.
Worcester based solicitors, Hallmark Hulme were looking to update a tired and dated IT system that was struggling to accommodate current and future company growth.
When EBC Group were first approached by Hallmark Hulme, they were running an old unsupported system that was tiresome and desperately needed updating. The older system had struggled to keep up with the company’s expansion making future growth inflexible and limited. Hallmark Hulme were also relying on multiple suppliers to provide their different services which was both time consuming and costly.
With no remote access, employees had minimal connectivity when working away from the office, in addition to an in-house wireless system that was often unreliable and struggled to connect visiting guests and clients.
As a reputable solicitor firm, Hallmark Hulme also needed a service that would offer exceptional levels of security and reliability and would see backups moved from a local device to a more robust and scalable disaster recovery solution.
- Brand new IT system that gives greater reliability and scalability
- State-of-the-art backup, DR plan, and remote desktop environment
- New leased line directly to EBC Group’s data centre
- Future proof and flexible system, allowing for future growth
- Users now have one convenient, uniform platform
- Significant cost savings through investments
Starting with a number of on-site visits, EBC Group presented Hallmark Hulme with an in-depth service report and commercial summary, which gave a clear insight into the areas that needed updating and enhancing.
- Breaking down payments, the reports highlighted the areas where Hallmark Hulme could make significant savings and where this could then be reinvested to improve other areas of the business.
- New mail and firewall defences led Hallmark Hulme to further invest in new servers and a complete migration to EBC Group’s data centre.
- With the cost savings acquired via a new IT system, Hallmark Hulme made further investments in EBC Group’s managed services, with the implementation of a new print and telephony environment.
Providing Hallmark Hulme with a brand new IT system, EBC Group has not only provided greater performance and reliability, but also a scalable system that is able to accommodates backup and disaster recovery, new remote desktop environment and Voice over IP.
- State of the art virtual backup and disaster recovery plan; with virtual backups now replicated at EBC Group’s data centre for peace of mind and enhanced security.
- New remote desktop environment now provides complete flexibility for employees, with remote users now using one unified platform.
- A new leased line has been implemented that links directly into EBC Group’s private cloud, which has also enabled the implementation of a Voice over IP.