EBC Group improves TeacherActive’s virtual desktop environment with private cloud solution
TeacherActive who specialise in recruitment for supply teachers had seen rapid growth and required a scalable IT platform that was able to support multiple sites and increased numbers of employees. The new IT infrastructure would also need to provide increased visibility and be future-proof for continued growth.
When EBC Group were first approached by TeacherActive, we found their IT environment had minimal visibility into their core infrastructure. As a fast growing business with mulitple outlets they required a solution that would work across a number of sites and allow for future growth.
TeacherActive were running on a shared multi-tenanted system, which meant they were sharing their resources with other companies. With Internet speeds that were failing to keep pace, and a previous IT company that were slow to respond to support issues, TeacherActive were in desperate need of a high performance system that would support future expansion.
- Growing number of sites
- Increase in remote workers
- Required scaleable IT platform
- Support issues not dealt with promptly by old IT provider
- Converted to a dedicated private cloud solution
- State of the art hardware to cope with increasing resources
- Installation of fibre leased lines for inter-site connectivity
- Private virtual environment with full visibility for IT manager
- Future proof infrastructure with the ability to expand
- Increased performance and internet speeds
After consulting with TeacherActive, EBC Group conducted an in-depth analysis into their current infrastructure to understand where the system bottlenecked and affected performance.
- EBC Group operated outside of TeacherActive’s business hours to minimise downtime for a seamless migration.
- EBC Group handles all communication with previous third parties to successfully migrate current virtual servers to EBC Group’s in-house data centre.
TeacherActive now benefit from a high performance system that provides via a private cloud, virtual desktop environment and improved connectivity, future proofing their environment with state of the art technology.
- Migrating all of TeacherActive’s servers, EBC Group provided a dedicated private cloud infrastructure, and a new virtual desktop environment.
- Previous performance issues were tackled by providing state of the art hardware to cope with increasing resources to their virtual desktops for better performance.
- Virtual desktops for all employees could be accessed on the move from multiple devices such as smartphones, laptops and HTML access.
- Dedicated fibre leased lines were installed for inter-site connectivity and increased internet speeds.