Unreliable on premise server room with date hardware and software, struggled to accommodate growth.
Talbots Law makes significant investment in digital transformation
- Industry: Legal
- Location: Black Country
- Employees: 209
Mary Mocklow Managing Director , Talbots Law
The private cloud offers more flexibility for our staff and the opportunity for them to work across any of our offices, not to mention when on-site with companies or during time in court. Staying ahead of the competition when it comes to technology is crucial to our growth plans.
Talbots Law are one of the leading law firms in the West Midlands, working across 7 locations and housing over 200 employees. Relying on strategic partners like EBC Group, Talbots Law had previously invested in their IT, communications and print, as part of an encompassing Managed Service.
With ambitions to become the legal provider of choice in the West Midlands, Talbots looked to expand their offerings and digitally transform their workspace with the investment of £1million in a new state-of-the-art hosted infrastructure.
Complete revision of IT infrastructure and new cloud environment.
A complete secure infrastructure with hosted desktop environment, full disaster recovery & remote working.
EBC Group began by scoping Talbots Law existing infrastructure, identifying aging hardware and software, including that Talbots Law were running on Windows Server 2008.
- Leveraging EBC Group’s partnerships with industry leaders, such as Dell, Microsoft and VMware, EBC Group proposed the implementation of a hosted desktop environment, running on Dell EMC Server to provide scalability.
- Complete disaster recovery capabilities, replicating all machines to secondary data centre, with new DR strategy.
- Complete re-fresh of end-user kit to Dell Wyse Thin Client Technology for zero touch deployment.
- Implementation of hosted telephony platform to replace out-dated ISDN lines.
Talbots Law now benefit from a state-of-the-art infrastructure, with new systems that have allowed them to centralise and expand their operations to accommodate remote working, including; Cloud solutions, new telephony system and disaster recovery.
- Virtual desktop infrastructure connects multiple-end-user devices from any location for full remote working capabilities
- Average savings of 55% on calls thanks to the new Swyx communications platform
- Cloud solutions designed to accommodate flexible growth of up to 1000 users.
- Solutions provide resilience, scalability and performance in line with Talbots rapid growth plans over the next 3 years.
- Upgraded Windows 10 virtual desktops
- Disaster recovery and production environment is managed and monitored 24/7 with a DR strategy written between EBC Group and Talbots