M.Lambe recieve a new document management system for improved workflow performance
Construction providers M.Lambe had previously implemented an outdated and inflexible document management system that was struggling to keep up with growing business demands.
M.Lambe had already been using ScanFile for storage of scanned documents but knew that the product was outdated and that the process of filing documentation could be improved to streamline their business processes. New digital files were also being created on a daily basis by users and saved to a Windows folder structure, meaning that documents had no version control and duplicate documents were being created.
M.Lambe were looking for a solution that could improve the scanning of paper-based documentation whilst also enabling users to easily file digital documents and access them from anywhere. Integration to business critical systems such as Sage Construction and Sage Line 200 was also key to ensuring that all information was easily accessible from one central location.
EBC Group provided us with a robust data solution and their in house team have excellent knowledge of the system and how to tailor it to our individual business needs. They have also provided us with the knowledge to develop and administer the system in house.
- Outdated document management solution
- Documentation not easily accessed or available to remote users
- Previous solution did not integrate with business critical applications
- Integration of Sage accounting and construction software
- Documents migrated into M-Files document management solution
- New online and mobile access
- Information accessible from one location
- Documents are securely stored and version controlled
- Users able to access documents on the move
EBC Group offered M.Lambe a new and cost effective document management solution that would adapt to their business requirements.
- Engaged with M.Lambe staff and obtained a good understanding of the infrastructure, software packages being used and current business processes.
- EBC Group began designing a solution that would provide immediate functional requirements, and also allow the solution to extend the functionality to other aspects of the business in the future.
After the successful implementation of the M-Files information management solution, the systems at M.Lambe are now fully integrated, and all information is accessible from one location.
- All projects and associated documentation are now securely stored and version controlled.
- Key documents can now be accessed remotely, from any location using the mobile and tablet apps.
- M-Files has provided M.Lambe with workflows that have helped streamline and assist the business in daily tasks and management reporting.