EBC Group improves Richardsons LLP filing system, with significant cost savings
- Industry: Professional
- Location: West Midlands
- Employees: 64
Shaun Meredith-Jones IT Manager, Richardsons LLP
We wanted a supplier that would be a partner with us rather than just a vendor. A solution provider that would provide continuing support, and be there for us when we needed help, and we found this in EBC Group.
With numerous paper and digital documents to store, retail construction specialists, Richardsons LLP‘s dated filing system was fast becoming inconvenient and time consuming. Old filing cabinets wasted space, and digital files were often duplicated making documents hard to track.
When EBC Group were first introduced to Richardsons LLP, we found that their current filing system was both aged and outdated, with some files and documents still being stored in cabinets and in paper format. These were not only inconvenient, but also wasted valuable on-site space. Not only this, but the digital files that did exist were being saved by individual users, creating mass duplications and making it difficult to track and locate certain documents.
Richardsons LLP were looking for a central filing and archiving system that enabled internal and remote staff to access the same files across a wide area network. With records being stored on various platforms, it was imperative that Richardsons LLP brought together all files and documents on to one single platform that was convenient and accessible to all.
- Outdated paper filing and storage
- Duplicated documents stored on various servers
- Extremely hard to access and find documents
- M-Files document management system
- Convert paper documents to accessible data files
- Centralised documents and files for all employees
- Documents easy to find and share
- New features available through simple updates
EBC Group offered Richardsons LLP a bespoke archiving system that would adapt to their unique needs.
- With the help and support of EBC Group, Richardsons LLP selected document software, which offered the most flexible and cost effective solution. This underwent a comprehensive procurement exercise that covered quality, past history, current users and past recommendations
- EBC Group then began an in depth analysis of their current data storage by making a number of onsite visits to get a clear understanding of Richardsons LLP’s motivation and need for a new filing system.
- EBC Group then began to design a bespoke archiving service, better known as M-Files
All documents are now centralised making data easy to search and accessible to all members of staff
- Richardsons LLP can now scan and import those problematic paper documents straight from the photocopier and into the M-Files storage solution; saving them valuable space that would have otherwise been taken over with filing cabinets.
- Thanks to M-Files convenient web interface, remote users can now access the same information as those office based employees, instantaneously retrieving all files and documents.
- In addition to this, Richardsons LLP have now future proofed their print system as new features are available through simple updates, as opposed to the costly and expanding hardware they would have required before.