- IT infrastructure in need of attention
- Files and documents stored in various servers across Garwyn’s 12 sites
- Communication had been difficult between sites
- Limited backup & recovery
Award winning cloud transformation of Garwyn Group’s IT infrastructure
- Industry: Professional
- Location: Global
- Employees: 96
John Geach Head of IT, Garwyn Group
EBC Group have proved to be a flexible and service orientated partner, capable of delivering a number of diverse IT projects in parallel, and proactive in helping Garwyn transform a neglected and underperforming IT infrastructure into a robust and dynamic capability
With an organisation spanning 12 sites, Garwyn Group, the UK’s leading liability adjuster were struggling to centralise their existing data across their workforce. With documents and files saved on costly servers across their multiple sites, Garwyn needed a solution that would not only save on costs, but allow employees to access the same information instantaneously.
When Jon Geach joined Garwyn Group as IT manager, he inherited an IT infrastructure and systems estate in need of a complete review and overhaul. Garwyn had been through a difficult 48 month period, and as such there had not been the opportunity to invest in required IT projects.
Having been badly burnt through previous failed IT Implementations, gaining the support to address their costly and difficult maintenance issues across their 12 sites was proving a real challenge.
- A cloud computing solution
- M-Files’ document management solution
- Phone system
- Robust backup
- Centralised all of Garwyn’s data from their 12 sites
- Garwyn can now share, find and organise files regardless of location
- Eliminated additional IT maintenance
- Free site to site calls
After a number of on-site visits, addressing their costly on-site servers and paper document issues really gave us an understanding of where we could not only make significant savings, but also improve Garwyn’s overall work flow.
- Understanding that downtime could seriously harm their business proceedings, led EBC Group to conduct an extensive analysis of their working routine to establish and prepare their implementation for the network roll out.
- Operating outside of Garwyn’s working hours allowed EBC Group to make major changes to their systems without their employees noticing any changes to their usual routine.
Garwyn can now share and organise their files securely and efficiently, regardless of location, via new private cloud solution and document management solution. This project also won EBC Group the Cloud project of the Year at the national DCS Awards.
- Providing state of the art Cloud technology, EBC Group seamlessly integrated a Cloud solution that successfully centralised all data between the 12 locations.
- Previous battles fought against numerous servers across their fleet of offices, had now been eliminated as EBC Group’s off site data centre consolidated all information to one convenient location
- Alongside implementing a Cloud solution, EBC Group also introduced ‘M-Files’, a cloud based content and document management solution, which now conveniently centralises the Claims Management file handling, allowing employees to organise, share and find documents regardless of location